Job description –
Adapt Fitness is recruiting for additional cleaners to be based at it’s Portland Road location, (5 Minute walk from Portslade rail station)
- This is a permanent role working up to 20 hours per week.
- This role requires you to work at least some of those hours on one day at the weekend.
What’s special about this role:
Adapt Fitness isn’t just a gym. While it is a place where you can go to keep fit and active, It has incredible members and staff which make it the friendliest club in Hove. We pride ourselves on trust and friendship. No matter what the ability, we believe in helping people become happier and healthier from the moment they walk through our doors, to beyond when they leave.
Every part of the Adapt team plays an important role in keeping the club running and safe for members. This role is no exception.
– Complimentary use of the Club facilities outside of your working hours.
Establishing an excellent rapport with members and staff. Making the members feel welcome at all times, and supporting them wherever possible.
To provide efficient and effective cleaning, including ensuring the appearance of the clubs cleaning is maintained in accordance with the required standards, in a timely fashion by using the correct methods.
To carry out ad hoc cleaning duties as necessary or as requested by your line manager.
Daily cleans of the buildings including, but not limited to:
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, taking waste material to designated collection points
- Sweep /Damp mop resilient floor surfaces
- Vacuuming of carpeted areas
- Regular ‘Spot’ clean floor areas
- Dust, damp wipe, wash furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves
- Clean toilets, changing rooms, lockers, hand basins, kitchen sinks and drinking fountains
- Undertake wall washing
- Carry out any other reasonable function to the job
- Must have some cleaning experience/knowledge of cleaning substances and techniques
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work load effectively with good organisational skills
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- Flexible approach to the role
- Ability to work additional hours when required to cover sickness and annual leave
- To wear protective clothing as issued, adhering to the health and safety requirements of the company and observing all client and company statutory fire and safety regulations
Job Type: Part Time
Pay: This role will be paid above the national living wage. How much above will depend on experience.
We will work with you to set the amount of hours you would like. We do not employ staff on zero hour contracts.
How to apply: Send your CV and brief note about yourself to email@example.com