When you arrive at Adapt Fitness:
- Please wash your hands with soap at our new sink or mobile hand washers, or using clean using hand gel. This is mandatory before going into the gym or your class.
- At Adapt Fitness if you are using the main gym or tribe, you should enter via main reception (washing your hands on the right before approaching reception).
- The exit for the main club will be in the side fire door nearest to the reception lockers/staff room.
Sign posts will be available for all entrances and exits. We’ll also be there to make sure you end up in the right place. There are separate entrances for the PT studio, Upstairs classes and Rip and Ride. If you are unsure of where to go, please come to reception.
- The reception area will be staffed at all times.
- You will need to check in with a member of staff before entering the club at all times.
- You cannot walk through the barrier and no member of staff has authorisation to let you through without checking your name off first. You must have your mobile phone to enter the club.
The reception team, (or instructors depending on your entrance) will check your temperature using an infrared thermometer and ask you a set of questions similar to the below such as if you have recently had:
- a new continuous cough or dry throat.
- a high temperature.
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
- been in contact with anyone who has had Covid–19 in the last 14 days.
- had or been diagnosed with Covid–19 in the last 14 days.
- Showing symptoms of COVID–19 which may have been updated since this list was written. Please check the government website to ensure you are up to date.
You should not come to the club or studio if you have any of the above or feeling unwell.
The Gym area
Equipment has been moved around the gym to follow 2 metres social distancing rules wherever possible, and 1 metre plus guidance where this is not possible. Due to the amount of cardio machines, every other machine will be in use and sign posted appropriately. There is a partial one way system in place to go up and down the mezzanine floor, and in the weights area.
We cannot provide mats in the club due to restrictions in place. Please speak to a member of the gym team so that we can advise you on alternative exercises that you would normally do using a mat to achieve best results for you.
Extra care/signposting will be provided to maintain social distancing when in the gym.
You should avoid working out with friends from a different household or face to face.
- All classes have been reduced in size to allow for social distancing. We will be running indoor and outdoor classes and there are more classes on the schedule.
- You should be 5-10 minutes early for your class to ensure you have enough time to answer the COVID–19 questionnaire or run through any injuries.
- Due to the cleaning time required after classes, if you are late for your class you may not be allowed to join, We cannot finish the class late.
- We will be cleaning for a minimum of 30 minutes between all classes.
- Please do not gather in groups before or after sessions. If you are waiting for your class to start, please go straight into the studio.
- The changing rooms/showers will be open for you to use
- However, we would discourage the use of these in busy periods to ensure you can socially distance correctly.
- We have replaced our lockers in the changing rooms, and the old lockers are temporarily in reception and can be used to avoid going in the changing rooms
- There are lockers upstairs next to the stretch studio, and outside in the new spin studio.
- We can no longer keep your keys/valuables behind the reception desk, you must use either a normal locker, the valuable lockers by the vending machine or keep your valuable items with you.
- Please bring a padlock for you to use a locker. The Club cannot accept responsiblities for any loss or damage to your va
Please try and arrive ‘gym ready’ and shower at home where possible.
- The sauna will be closed until we are advised we can reopen it.
- We know some members love the sauna, and we’ll be watching the guidance on this as soon as it changes.
- We cannot maintain social distancing in the sauna or provide suitable ventilation due to the nature of how a sauna works.
Cleaning & Hygiene
Keeping the club clean and you safe is one of our top priorities.
- We will continue rigorous cleaning procedures as we were doing before.
- We have purchased additional equipment such as disinfectant fogging machines to be used on the club each night after close and are designed to disinfect massive spaces such as a gym.
- Staff will carry out regular cleaning of gym and studio based touch points throughout the premises.
- New Cleaning staff have been employed (and more being hired this week) for regular cleaning of all other areas including changing rooms throughout the day
Spray and blue roll or pod wipes will be available for member use for touch points. Even with our additional cleaning efforts, Please ensure you clean any equipment you use before or after you have used it.
- The eGym machines have been updated to include longer time to clean, as well as reminders to members to clean the eGym.
- Sanitiser Gel will be available throughout the club, as well as wipes and roll to line your machines before you use them.
- Prompts to clean used equipment will be all over the club, as well as additional staff in the gym to assist where needed.
PPE, face coverings and gloves
- Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden on July 9th said the government had “not taken a decision to require the wearing of face masks in respect of gyms.”
- Some staff will be wearing medical grade PPE, particularly those cleaning in the gym.
- The Government have not advised either way if club members should wear a mask, and have not made it mandatory for gym members to do so. They have however advised in line with the world health organisation that people should not wear gloves but instead clean their hands regularly either by using hand gel or washing them where possible.
We have obtained CO2 measurement devices to monitor ventilation in and throughout the building. Additional doorways and exits will be open to ensure constant airflow into the building, as well as restricted number of people in the club to achieve a requirement of a ventilation rate of 20l/s/p.
Members who are self shielding
Please contact helpdesk@adapt–fitness.com if you are intending to continue to self shield. We have a membership available which includes equipment rental, as well as regular chats with one of our trained staff to help with your fitness. We will also be continuing our live classes for you.
We’re very excited to be reopening Adapt Studios for you! Please book your class in the App, and In terms of the elements of safety and notices regarding changing rooms, cleaning, social distancing, PPE and class sizes, this is the same as Portland Road. Please do not bring sweat towels to the gym, We will provide suitable blue roll and wipes within the studio.
When you arrive please use hand gel at reception or the mobile hand washing machine.